Upcoming News & Events
Want to catch up on IRWA Governance
September IRWA Newletter
IRWA YP Networking & 2020 New Member Drive Event Oct. 24
IRWA 502 – NON-RESIDENTIAL RELOCATION ASSISTANCE Class Sept. 26-27th
IRWA LUNCHEON – October 10, 2019
2019 Eminent Domain Seminar – Registration Open
Message from the President
September 2019 President’s Message
August 30, 2019Chapter 74 Members,
I hope that everyone had a great summer and was able to enjoy some vacation time with family and friends. I’m sure that many of you are busy with children back in school and all the extra-curricular activities that go along with the school session. Chapter 74 leadership has been busy this summer transitioning to the new fiscal year and planning for upcoming events. More about that in a minute.
The “Bring the Heat: Education in College Station”, Region 2 Refresher Seminar, was very successful. About 300 members from across Region 2 attended the events, including several Chapter 74 members. Many thanks to Sheila Mills for organizing the Valuation Session and Cathy Thomas for presenting. David Baylor received his SR/WA designation and was recognized at the Awards Luncheon. And, our very own Young Professional – Jaylia Travis – was recognized as the Region’s Young Professional of the Year!
Our committees have been busy this summer planning for upcoming events and structural changes to bring our chapter in line with the purpose, mission and bylaws of the IR/WA.
- The Bylaws Committee has drafted new bylaws and is in the process of refining the draft to address comments from the leadership group. Next steps include finalizing the draft, presenting to headquarters for review, then bringing the proposed bylaws to the Chapter Membership for consideration.
- The Young Professionals (YP) Committee is planning several events this year. The first will be held on October 24th and another is being planned for the Holiday Season.
- The Membership Committee has set an aggressive goal of increasing the Chapter membership by 5% (net). That’s equivalent to keeping all 220 current members and adding 11 new members. Look for information about the October Membership Drive event to be held in conjunction with the YP Event on October 24th.
- The Education Committee has set a goal of holding 10 days of courses by June 30, 2020. We’re off to a great start with Course 502 scheduled for September 26 – 27. Additional information is available on the Chapter’s website and in the newsletter. Please keep your eyes open for a survey to help the Committee plan for future courses needed by our members.
- The Programs Committee has scheduled the Membership Meetings for the year. The next Membership Meeting is scheduled for October 10th at Maggiano’s. Capital Metro CEO Randy Clark will be our guest speaker.
- Have you visited the Chapter’s website lately? If not, you’ll want to check it out! The Communications Committee has updated the content and made a few other changes to better serve our members. We also have a new newsletter editor. Many thanks to Ray Rials and Laura Nelson for leading these efforts.
- Liz Norris and the dedicated September Seminar Committee members have put together an incredible lineup of speakers for the September ED Seminar. I hear that we have 270+ attendees registered with more registrations coming in daily.
With all the activity in the first 2 months of the year, we are well on our way to keeping Chapter 74 members engaged and informed! Please reach out to me or any of the Committee members to get involved and be part of this exciting time in our Chapter’s development.
See you in San Marcos on September 6th.
Lori Bible, SR/WA
Chapter 74 President